Thursday, August 2, 2018

Week 6 Media Blog Newspaers and Fake News

Topic 1:

Where do I get my local news? I am sure many are going to respond to this question with Facebook or some form of social media. Myself on the other hand I receive the majority of my news from the local radio. I do a lot of driving so this is very convenient for me. The radio stations that I listen to are mainly all AM talk radio stations. I enjoy many National News broadcasts such as The Mark Levin Show, Larry Kudlow and Michael Savage. During all of these broadcast you will have break away reports from local media outlets. A lot of the time I will also listen to OPB. I find these sources to be credible as I have listen for years and have never felt mislead or misinformed. I would also consider the Hosts of these shows to be subject matter experts in there fields. I also feel that since OPB is public funded that adds another layer of credibility.

I currently don't subscribe to any online publications. Having said that, I do consume some online media, although much of it doesn't pertain to the local level. It is more just articles that I maybe see on LinkedIn and I am a little curious about. I also in Nightly Business Report, A lot.

I also do this strange thing called talking to people IN PERSON. Word of mouth certainly isn't the most reliable source to get info but it is a place to find something that you may want to dig a little bit deeper into and do your won research.

I used to consider myself very informed a 5 out of 5 but I am just too damn busy now. I would say that I am maybe a 3 if that now days. I enjoy learning and being informed and when I am allocated more time I will divert more effort to again becoming more informed.

Topic 2:

I do agree with the President's view on the media but I would go as far as to calling it fake. I would say that in my opinion it is just an echo chamber for the left and a direct reflection of the owners own personal political affiliations. I think the book referred to this as a conflict of interest.

That's all I would like to post about this question online.






No comments:

Post a Comment